Friday, October 7, 2011

No Form, No Mat

The trick on words, no form, and no mat, equals no format, in other words I am entering this writeup without a planned thing to present. I have an idea of what it will eventually and hopefully present, though that is all.

Last night I watched the livestream from the OccupyWallStreet encampment in what I now seem to believe has a different name than what I previously understood the name to be. Zuccoti Park maybe also be known as Liberty Plaza, though of this I am truly uncertain. I have been looking at google maps with the hope of finding that actual location of the encampment, but alas I remain unsure. The images I see from the live stream don't seem to correlate with what I see on google maps when searching for liberty plaza. I am probably missing something, somewhere in my ignorance.

I did want to report on what I saw last night on the live stream. Now to make a point clear, I don't much care for hip hop as a genre for listening, not only that, but I have declared for my own preference that I don't like rap at all. That being said, I watched and carefully listened to Tailib Kweli's performance last night (on the live stream) and was totally enthralled by his skill at word play as well as the message he presented. His piece that he called "Distractions" I thought to be excellent. It is kind of strange how my thought in regards to that art form and my reaction to what I heard are in such contradiction. I have attempted to find a video of that piece out on the internet today. I found some of it though not the entire piece which is to me a disappointment. Now hopefully someone will post that piece in its entirety soon so I can further analyze his lyric. I am now left with that dissonance in myself about that form of art. It could simply be that I was caught up in the moment though I truly believe it was more than that. What I did find posted on line is.... Well blow me down, a new fresh search has presented the video!!! so here it is: YouTube video YES. So I will listen to it again after I am finished here. The clip is apparently what I recall seeing last night and the durration for time shown seems fitting to my memory.

Now I am no longer disappointed as stated above. I can say that the No Form, No Mat is appropriate to the result of what I have written. It seems to me but rambling along, without a format.

I do hope the movement continues its current snowballing effect. I noticed on the occupy together site this morning that there are currently over 900 groups in different Cities across the nation active in the demonstration at this time. To me, the growth is both refreshing and produces an internal happiness within. I strongly hope that it is the beginning of real change in the country and the world at large. We The People deserve more than we are able to connect to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment