Friday, October 14, 2011

The Morning Decision

I do imagine that by the time I get through this writing process, to posting this, the process the big threat from the authorities of New York City will likely be resolved one way or the other. The livestream is showing what appears to be many more than a thousand people in Liberty Plaza (Zuccotti Park) at 6:45 AM. I find that to be very impressive because the people are hanging in as one.

For the uninformed, the powers that be, are threatening the people who are using their rights to free speech. These powers have the desire to have the protest end, with the people leaving this location so close to the heart of corruption and greed. I guess the Major, Mr. Bloomberg went to deliver a message to protesters, (Mr. Bloomberg acting as the delivery boy for the park owners). This group of the powerful, has conspired to change the rules with their intent to remove these peaceful people. There is an article on this conflict in the New York Times on line right now, here

It seems the company has backed down from their plan as it appears that there are many thousands of people in Liberty Plaza this morning. The local unions came out in force I guess. I see it as a great moment. I have a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment