Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Day People Stood Together

I was up early after a much needed night of sleep. I was up at 9AM EDT 6AM my time, with an intent to catch up on what was happening in New York City for and within the #OWS movement. Much to my dismay, I was unable to find out through the livestream network with the name of Global Revolution, further compounded by an equal nothing live from NYC on the occupywallstnyc site. The former was showing live from Ireland, all fine and good though not what has become customary as Occupy Wall Street from Liberty Plaza. The latter had as it still does, re-runs of previous days. Thus I came to a point of again not being able to find real live information in real time.

Hours have passed and finally at least livestream.com/globalrevolution has started showing live fed stream (I think) from a march in NYC. I don't know where they are as I was interrupted by a very lengthy telephone conversation, and here is the phone ringing again! Sigh!

When looking for updates on the morning events in NYC, I found some facts pointing to other world wide protests. Also I found that Julian Assange (founder of Wikileaks) addressed a group somewhere in the UK. I was able to see a little clip of it, though not what I think is the actual presentation I would expect from him. He is in my opinion one of the world heroes of today, a living legend in his own time. I'd post what I found if I felt it worth doing so, thought he quality was so low as to not clearly convey a message.

I found a video from yesterday on the mainstream media, an interview with Michael Moore on MSNBC. It is typical of Michael, well informed and in alignment with the people, the 99%. We Are The 99%.

Currently the Global Revolution live stream is bouncing from various places. It was in NYC then now New Orleans, oops back to NYC. The occupywallstnyc is still showing re-runs, sigh!

It is my understanding that there shall be a convergence of marchers from various groups converging on Time Square at 5 PM Eastern Time. Hopefully all will remain peaceful as is the intent of the demonstration. From what I see the NYPD is congesting traffic, both foot and auto, more than all the protesters. Yea, the Occupied Wallstreet Journal is on sale.

It is my hope that people around the world as in the USA will continue the upraising. We need a global revolution. The people need equality, justice and autonomy. Find and follow the purpose of bringing about the change! Stay Strong, support Democratic principles, the Right to speak your mind freely, the right to protest, all by doing it. Take Money out of the pockets of the politicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment