Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Salamander Slime

A change in direction for the day, a distraction from the normal of my Occupy writings and desire to spread the word about the Occupy movement as the worth while cause I remain convinced it is. Like the Occupy movement is about equality and justice I contend that this write is about one of the symptoms which causes our people to go out to the street demonstrating what they know to be the improper behavior of people in powerful places. As a people we have just reason to recall and learn from history. This leads me to the topic of the day.

The 21st day of January, 1997, was a historical day in the House of Representatives where, for the first time in the history of the Congress, it voted to discipline the Speaker of the House for Ethical wrong-doing. The fine imposed was for the amount $300,000.00. The guilty party admitted that he'd brought discredit to the House of Representatives, by breaking its rules and for giving false information to the House Ethics Committee. The convicted was none other than then House Speaker, Newt Gengrich. Where is the legitimacy for anyone to support his run for President of the United States. We should refrain from allowing liars and crooks from running for the office of the President of this country. The GOP is really out of touch with reality by allowing this guy to even be participating in their politics.

For more information about this, read the Wednesday, January 22, 1997 article from the Washington Post here. I mean please don't take my word for it. There is a lot more to the story than what this article states. Such as what did Newt actually do that brought on his political demise? But what is more, why do we not pay attention to history for the value it provides to steer toward a better future?

I think that people are becoming more aware in regards to some of what is happening, but only due to their own personal struggling, caused of the times, rather than out of their need or willingness to pay attention, to the why of the conditions, they now must live in and with. Those we pay to be leaders, are not leading toward a brighter future, but rather, to their own individual greater grasp on personal wealth. We individuals now have no representation in the halls of the Congress. I know this myself through my own participation in the system, wanting my voice to be heard by my own Representatives. I can see from the replies that I get in response that what I wrote to them was likely not even read, let alone considered as to its own merit. Generally these replies are non-germane to the issues or thoughts I expounded upon in my attempt to communicate with my representatives. It is a disgustingly broken system now. This is but one of the reasons, there is need for this Occupy Movement.

We
Are
The 99 %

No comments:

Post a Comment