Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mic Check --> Mic Check

I am watching the livestream this evening direct from the Port of Oakland as I write this. If I can prevent editing this out, you shall see these words, my nonsense scribblings!
There are some beautiful images coming through of smiling faces and road art (chalk on pavement). In the moment there are wonderful interviews of but a few of the individuals participating in the large protest that effectively shut down the Port of Oakland. I personally remain unsure of what will eventually become of the current event as I watch its growth. The people are settling in, seated on the pavement as though they have full intention of staying at and occupying the Port, keeping it closed.

The people of Oakland are incredible in the way they came together today. They remain in peace, making a statement that the numbers within the 99% are 99% greater than those of the 1%. That the 99% can actually stand in solidarity to bring change by their ability to halt the productivity that generates the cash-flow of the greedy.

Slogan of the day, "What kind of pie. Occupy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment