Sunday, May 13, 2018

World in Changes, a New Direction

Finally I figured out a good thing to do with this blog that fits with its original name somewhat appropriately.  Even so, this change brings with it a course correction.  No longer is the intension to communicate a political stance as it has in the past.  In spite of that, I can still depict changes in the world that can be observed on a daily basis if one chooses to look.  I always look and evaluate the things I see.  I began observing as a child.  Really what we as humans observe is based in what and where we observe that which crosses our ability to view. 

I live in rural North America, fully away from towns or cities.  It is but seldom that I find myself within the concrete jungle, paved or otherwise obscured by the creations of humanity.   I try to be outside more than I actually achieve being outside.  This thing we experience as, "getting old," combined with disability, seems to alter my will for being outside during periods of inclement weather, especially those associated with winter.   In this blog I now hope to share the experiences of observation while outside in the rather natural setting that I live around or otherwise stated as what lives around me. 

I have been living in this local for 23 years now, granting me the opportunity to get to know what also lives in this area both fixed to it, as in the plants, but also the transient animals living in and around this  place that I call home.  During my time here, I’ve studied the flowering plants that live here.  With this, I've photographed a majority of the plants that occur here, hoping to capture images of the numerous flowers that these species create.  For these photographs I made a website which, with its  bulk is actually an inventory of a sort.  The website is located here: http://birdbox.us/plants/index.html.  I imagine or otherwise hope that within the course of this blog I will refer to the photos contained there in, because I find the plants the photographs represent as an important part of my life experience.

For subsequent editions in the blog, I will write out the observations noted during living here in this location.

No comments:

Post a Comment